Key Product Features
- Fish Jerky made in Iceland with no added ingredients.
- Fish Jerky has 84% protein and adds a whole new dimension to your current snacking habits. It´s the perfect snack for sports, activities, and adventures due to its resealable packaging and high-quality protein.
- Our Fish Jerky is produced in Iceland, which has some of the purest waters in the world. The catch consistently meets top standards for purity. Gadus Morhua is not regarded as a threatened or endangered species of Cod and all supplies are fully traceable.
- Cod has been dried since Viking times in both Iceland and Norway. The salt in our Fish Jerky is just the salt from the sea and the only thing we do is dry the fillets and cut them into bite size pieces. By means of the gentle traditional drying technology, the natural character of the fish, as well as the typical taste, structure, nutritional and physiological values, are maintained, without adding any preservatives, food enhancers or colors.
Fish Jerky is first recorded in the Sturlunga Saga around 1200 AD. Due to extremely brief summers, the lack of refrigerator tech and shortage of preservatives, Vikings had to air-dry their fish. Dried ﬁsh is still an essential part of a healthy Viking nutrition and the fact that it is a good and clean source of protein makes it even better. This truly is an ideal superfood you can enjoy straight out of the bag... or if you’re feeling wild; try it with some butter.
Nutrition in 100g:
- Energy: 1465 kJ / 345 kcal
- Extremely Low in Fat: 1g
- of which saturates: <1g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- of which sugars: 0g
- Extremely High in Protein: 84g
- Salt: 2g
- No Added Ingredients
- Includes: Omega-3